Experienced Recruitment Consultant with a demonstrated working experience for the financial services industry in Navigos Search. Skilled in Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, Executive Search. Strong professional with a MSc focused in Business Project Management from The University of Portsmouth, The UK.
“Rise when you fall. Believe in yourself. Work hard & be strong"
The role is expected to implement data governance programs and initiatives across the Country. The incumbent is expected to perform analysis and strategize the approach for effective implementation and raise the awareness of data control requirements to all internal stakeholders. You will have to work closely with business and IT to identify potential gaps and areas for enhancement and using your capability to analytically diagnose (problem solve) and thinking outside the box to propose and implement the solution.
1. Data Governance:
• As the subject matter expert to provide advisory on Data Governance directives, standards, tools and initiatives, e.g. Data Quality, Enterprise Business Glossary and Master Data Management.
• Strategize and execute the approach to implement data governance and stewardship across the country to ensure high effectiveness and adoption.
• Promote awareness of Data Governance disciplines and purpose across the country to instill awareness, integration and reinforce compliance.
• Monitor the regulatory landscape across different jurisdiction where the Bank operates and identify data governance/management compliance obligations. Develop/drive initiatives to address the compliance requirements.
• Manage data incidents and track compliance to the THE BANK Data Governance policy, data standards and assess the risk of non-compliance. Perform investigation and ensure necessary remedial actions are put in place and delegated to the right function data/system steward and escalate to Data Governance Working Group when necessary.
• Build and sustain strong collaborative relationship with business stakeholders, Technology and Operations to enable effective governance of data asset.
• Secretariat for Data Management Working Group (DMWG)
2. Financial Information Management :
• Understand the technology and operational/functional needs of Financial and Regulatory reporting functions in the Bank.
• Work with Finance users in gathering and analyze user requirement, identify opportunities for improvement and articulate business requirements into functional requirement for functional design document.
• Be a liaison person with Technology team providing end to end solutions that ensure users’ needs are optimally met.
• Arrange with users to conduct User Acceptance Test and arrange with vendor (where relevant) to prepare necessary test environment and support functional testing.
• Review and support post implementation issues coming out from project implementation and come up with areas of improvement for delivery.
Will be given in interview
Will be given in interview
• Degree in Business Computing or related disciplines with at least 5 years of working experience in banking industry.
• At least 2 years data governance or related GRC (Governance/Risk/Compliance) experience e.g. establishing standards and procedures, data stewards.
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation and written communication skills and ability to translate ideas, approaches and actions into presentation materials.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Data Governance and data quality methodologies and practices, preferably with experience in governance tools (MDM, data quality, metadata, etc.).
• Experience in project management and possess good facilitation skills with the ability to manage different stakeholders across the Bank and multitask across multiple initiatives.
• Possess good analytical skills and keen interest in process enhancement and operation efficiency, preferably with certification on productivity/process improvement, e.g. Six Sigma
• Familiar with general data architecture concept, including data warehouse.