I am a recruitment consultant with an impressive track record during over four years of experience at Navigos Search. I constantly exceeded my targets in the Life Science, Consumer Goods & Retail team for over four consecutive years and am expected to obtain even greater achievements with a focus on Agriculture, Animal Health, Pharma, Medical Device, Trading and FMCG clients.
Among my successful placements are high-ranking positions such as Country Procurement Director, HR Manager and Sales Manager. Before joining Navigos Search, I had already had headhunting experience at other agencies, where I also demonstrated a high level of professionalism and technical skills and was constantly promoted to more senior positions.
I am motivated by deep interest in the human connection between myself, employers and candidates. I am trusted by professional people of all levels of seniority thanks to my insights into specific sub-sectors such as trading, retail, wholesale… as well as my persuasion and coaching skills. For me, helping candidates find and obtain their dream jobs is not just a challenging responsibility but also a precious opportunity for me to boost my own personal development.
“ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING! RADIATE POSITIVITY AND YOU WILL ATTRACT POSITIVE OUTCOMES”
Purpose of the Role:
HR Director should act as a Change Agent and Employee Champion for the entire organization, bringing people, talent and engagement agendas into strategic mix of Vietnam.
He/she is expected to lead a transformation of HR function from a transactional to a truly people- and business-focused function within the Company, should also act as a Business Partner to all peers in the Management Team.
Key Accountabilities/ Job Description
1. Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization
2. Originates and leads HR practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture with focus on achievement, engagement, quality, efficiency and compliance
3. Proactively identifies trends and changes both internally as well as in broader labor market and how they would influence the business of the company. Develops relevant HR strategies to address the identified issues and opportunities.
4. Drive employee engagement agenda across all levels of organization
5. Lead the strategic discussion with the Management Team on organizational development and ensure the business is ready to face competition at all times
6. Identifies training and development needs, oversees design and implementation of training plans
7. Co-ordinate recruitment activity throughout the company. Build relationships with recruiters. Actively directly involved into recruitment of senior roles (MT-1)
Systems & Processes
8. Leads the main HR cycles (salary review, annual evaluations, goal setting, development plans, TRP, etc)
9. Ensures payroll is completed accurately and to deadline;
10. Monitors use of standard labour contracts, supervise local administration processes, regularly revise job descriptions.
11. Ensures active alignment with Regional HR Director and active role in preparation of HR business reviews and Regional HR meetings
12. Supervise and sign- off monthly HR reporting
Planning & Management
13. With the Annual Budget process, establish annual HR strategies and priorities in line with overall company strategy; allocate budgets, resources and workloads accordingly. Monitor and adjust throughout the year
14. Support all functions in all organization-related planning aspects
15. Manages HR Department budget as well as proactively work with all other functions to ensure delivery of total company Overhead (people-related cost centers) budget within the agreed plan
16. Ensure full compliance with policies and procedures incl. budget management, engagement of 3rd parties, cooperation with public/governmental officials.
17. Manages contacts with local labor authorities, ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and passing of audits.
18. Manages relations with Labor Unions
- Combines responsibility for Commercial (HT) and Operations (Factory) organization, which often requires a different skill set and different strategies
- Should handle a transformation of HR function from a transactional to value-added function within the company
- Should overcome a partially negative image of HR within the organization
- Will operate in a condition of two sites and split team (incl. management team) between two locations
Will be given in interview
Will be given in interview
- Vietnamese national
- Bachelor or Master Degree, preferably in Business/Economics
- Min 5 years managerial experience in HR (head of function) in multinational companies. Experience of FMCG as well as experience of production (factory) is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of managing change in a large organization
- Fluent English
- Internationally-minded profile, fully versatile with international business practices and their implementation in reality of Vietnamese market
- Manages and get things done by motivation and engagement rather than formal authority and power
- Highest levels of personal integrity, a role model for whole organization; always leads by examples
- Result and people-driven, finds balance between needs of business and people, short and long term
- Capable of providing feedback to and challenging peers, superiors, team and employees;
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities
- High learning and organizational agility
- Excellent presenter and communicator
- Teamplayer, critical member of Management Team, actively working to deliver common objectives